Did you know that there is also a Nampa & Meridian Irrigation District Election on November 3, 2020?
An Election Done Completely Separately from the Ada Elections!
While Ada County Republicans vote for Federal – State – Country and District Races there is another race that is happening on November 3, 2020 – it is for the Nampa & Meridian Irrigation District.
You will notice that the Nampa & Meridian Irrigation District position is NOT on the Ada County Ballot. That’s because it is done in a completely different election process!
So How Does One Vote in the Nampa & Meridian Irrigation District?
1: How do I Know Whether I Can Even Get a Ballot? Voters must call the Nampa & Meridian Irrigation District at (208) 466-7861 and ask whether they live within the Nampa & Meridian Irrigation District.
2: Get a Ballot by Phone! Voters must call the Nampa & Meridian Irrigation District at (208) 466-7861 and request that an absentee ballot to be sent to your home.
3: Get a Ballot By Mail! Voters can also get a ballot by mail: mail your request to Nampa & Meridian Irrigation District at 1503 1st Street South, Nampa, ID 83651.
4: Deadline to Request a Ballot! All requests for ballots must be received at the Nampa & Meridian Irrigation District’s office by Friday October 23, 2020.
5: Deadline to Return a Ballot! All completed ballots must be received at the District’s office by no later than 5:00 pm on Tuesday, 3 November 2020.
Please Support Graham Paterson for Nampa & Meridian Water District
As your candidate for the position of Director for Precinct 1, I am reaching out to you for your support and vote on this very important election on November 3rd.
As the former Nampa and Meridian Irrigation (NMID) Director for Precinct 1, and the current Secretary and Treasurer for the Tuttle Tap 12498 Water User’s Association, I am equipped with the knowledge and experience to understand the importance of your water right and will work assiduously to protect it.
Access to water built this valley. It is the life blood that greens our lawns, gardens and grows our produce. To put things into perspective, NMID has been responsible for delivering water to 69,000 acres in Ada and Canyon County, since 1904. As your director I will be your advocate for good stewardship of our precious water resources and the facilities that deliver it.
As your candidate for Director I am committed to:
• Pursuing pathways along NMID canals and drains
• Good stewardship of our precious water resources and the facilities that deliver it.
• Fostering better communications with you and your community
• Making the NMID responsive to your needs
• Director, West Boise Sewer District
• Executive Board Member and Former President, West Bench Neighborhood Association
• Retired Idaho Representative, Advantage Dental
• Former President and Director, Nampa Meridian Irrigation District
• Former Treasurer and Chair, Idaho Oral Health Alliance
• Member of the Steering Committee, Idaho State Planning Grant on the Uninsured
• Economic Planner, Economic Development Planning Office, Government of American Samoa
• Treasurer, Harmony Hills Elementary School PTA, Aspen Hills, MD
I ask for your vote and please reach to your family, friends and neighbors to do the same.