ACHD Commissioner – District 1
I am running for ACHD Commissioner because I have over a decade of proven experience working with the public to get transportation and infrastructure projects built in the Treasure Valley. I was enthusiastic when this election cycle came up because ACHD Commissioner is the perfect match for my passion for people and transportation, and my desire to do public service to give back to my community. Over the course of my career, I have established a reputation for building positive rapport with diverse stakeholders, and I take pride in my ability to build bridges and find diplomatic solutions to complex and technical issues. I am bold, outgoing, hardworking and optimistic – and I truly enjoy being involved in transportation planning, community projects, and infrastructure initiatives. My ability to communicate and connect with people from all backgrounds and different perspectives will contribute to finding solutions for our growth-related challenges.
In my personal life, I enjoy spending nearly all my time with my family. Joe and I can often be found getting coffee at Java in downtown Boise, biking on the Greenbelt, and taking little Will to play in all the beautiful parks that our valley is blessed to have.
In my former role as a community engagement manager for ACHD, I built positive relationships with people with diverse perspectives, mitigated construction impacts, and found solutions to communicate with impacted businesses and residents about transportation, bicycle, sidewalk, and community projects.
As a public involvement manager, I supported the successful delivery of outreach and communication services for the Idaho Transportation Department’s Grant Anticipation Revenue Vehicle (GARVEE) Transportation Program, one of the largest public works initiatives in Idaho history, which included Interstate 84 reconstruction and Idaho highway corridor studies and improvements.
I currently work for POWER Engineers a global consulting engineering firm specializing in the delivery of integrated solutions for energy, food and beverage, facilities, communications, environmental, and federal markets. I support business development for our key clients, including Nestle, Simplot, Lamb Weston, Kraft Heinz, General Mills, Conagra and other global leaders, and manage, write and coordinate compelling, complex and competitive proposals for existing and new contract opportunities.
· Timberline High School, Boise, 2001
· Boise State University, Studied Communication 2001 – 2002
· Univsity of Southern California, Graduated with a BA in Communication
· Lifelong resident of southeast Boise
· Graduate of the University of Southern California (USC) with a degree in communication
· Served on the Boise Chamber of Commerce Transportation Committee and on the Board of Southwest Idaho’s Chapter of the Women’s Transportation Seminar
· Public involvement manager of high-profile projects for Idaho Transportation Department, Ada County Highway District, Valley Regional Transit, Idaho Power, City of Boise, City of Nampa, and other Treasure Valley and Northwest localities
· Former Associate Producer of Idaho Reports, the longest running program on Idaho Public Television dedicated to covering the Idaho Legislature
· Recipient of numerous Idaho Press Club awards and recognition for public outreach campaigns and communication initiatives
ACHD District 2
· Three decades in three fields: Attorney; ACHD Commissioner (16 years); former Certified Public Accountant.
· Experience in accounting; law; business; budget planning, implementation and oversight (including ACHD’s budgets which have exceeded $120 Million); infrastructure planning, construction and maintenance; collaboration with elected officials and governmental agencies; transportation planning; resource and personnel management; and strategic planning for growth.
· ACHD Commissioner (including Commission President for 3 years). Chosen “Commissioner of the Year” by the Idaho Association of Highway Districts in 2014.
· Board Member of the Idaho Association of Highway Districts (including 2 years as President)
· A proven track record of collaboration, listening to the public, carefully reviewing the law and the facts, and making well-reasoned decisions, while prudently managing taxpayer funds.
· One of Idaho Business Review’s “Women of the Year” – 2006
More than 30 years of community and volunteer service in Idaho including:
· Board member of the Boy’s and Girl’s Clubs of Ada County
· Board Member of the Susan Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
· Board Member of the Community Planning Association (COMPASS)
· Volunteer lawyer in the Idaho Volunteer Lawyers Program/CASA for special advocates/guardians ad litem in child protection cases
· Junior League of Boise volunteer
· Ada County City Emergency Management Executive Council (ACCEM) executive committee member.
ACHD District 5
Dave McKinney holds degrees in Civil Engineering (with a transportation engineering emphasis) and Law. As a civil engineer, he helped plan, design and build many highway and bridge projects for ACHD and throughout Idaho. Since completing law school in 1998, he has practiced law as a registered patent attorney in Utah and Idaho. He is a former planning and zoning commissioner, and currently serves on the Meridian Transportation Commission. Dave has the knowledge, vision and expertise to help guide ACHD into the future!